A quick overview that gives a basic understanding of the Circular Economy
Q: What is the Circular Economy?
A: The circular economy is a systems solution framework that tackles global challenges like climate change, biodiversity loss, waste, and pollution. It is based on three principles, driven by design:
- Eliminate waste & pollution
- Circulate products and materials (at their highest value)
- Regenerate natural systems
Q: Why is it important?
A: It is an essential element if we were to make our transition into a sustainable society. It is a core part of the European Green Deal and it is necessary to meet the Paris Climate Agreement. Also, it is good for business:
- It helps to capture value from wasted resources
- It helps to develop stronger customer relationships
- It helps to prepare businesses for upcoming environmental policies.
Q: What is Circular Fashion?
A: Circular Fashion is an alternative to linear fashion, where instead of taking resources, making them into clothes that are thrown away after use, it aims to:
- Keep products and materials in use
- Create products that are made to be remade again
- Create products that are made from safe and renewable inputs
Q: What is product digitalisation?
A: Product digitalisation is the process where digital product identities are created for physical products. By connecting these physical products with their digital identities through the use of physical identifiers, such as QR labels, NFC tags, or RFID tags, products are "digitalised", whereafter they can freely interact with digital applications.
Q: What are product passports?
A: Digital product passports are built upon digital product identities. This allows us to capture product-specific data & information per product identity. Digital product passports provide the input needed to the Circulaid web app.